Brooks Apartment Style Residence
Rental: year round; summer sublet allowed.
With a capacity of over 700 students living in 202 units, this residence accommodates mainly undergraduate students. It is increasingly popular among first year students.
Service: 90U Reception
Brooks Residence Features
- 708 beds in 17 4-storey clusters, each with 11 to 12 units
- 600 single rooms grouped in four-bedroom units
- 12 single rooms grouped in three-bedroom units
- 96 single rooms grouped in two-bedroom units
- a laundry room in each cluster
- Residence Life staff trained to provide orientation and support (ratio 1 : 48)
- two units have been specially designed to accommodate persons with disabilities (using a wheelchair). A passageway links these two units to the main buildings on campus
A Description of Your Unit
- All units are furnished and have air conditioning
- Wi-Fi Internet and Cable TV included
- one telephone jack per bedroom and one in the living room
- individual bedrooms that locks; all units equipped with card access
- in the bedroom, a bed, a desk, a chair and a dresser
- bed size : 36 x 80 in. (bedding not included)
- a kitchenette equipped with stove and refrigerator (utensils and kitchenware not included)
- in the living/dining room, seating, coffee table, a table and four chairs,
- seasonal air conditioning located in the living room
- large windows in both the dining and living rooms
- blinds or curtains
- a full bathroom (additional powder room in three- and four-bedroom units)
- large storage closets - in bedrooms, with no doors for better access
- carpeting in most bedrooms; hard flooring in common areas
- smoke detector and a fire extinguisher
- locally controlled electric heating in each room
- one mailbox per unit
Click on Image to enlarge
12 units per cluster (75 LP and 620 Ke have 11). The first 3 numbers of any given cluster are on the lower level, the next 3, on the main floor, and so on, up to the 4th level.
Maintenance and Repairs
Your roommates and you are responsible for keeping your unit clean. However, Housing Services personnel take care of all repairs.
You must contact the local telephone provider of your choice.