For the purpose of this policy:
POSTING refers to all forms of solicitation in the University of Ottawa residences. This
includes but is not limited to: distribution of items in the residences including the main entrances,
the mail boxes, and postings in the main entrances, on floors, etc.
ITEMS refers to the articles distributed in the University of Ottawa residences. This includes but is not limited to: posters, goods, pamphlets, brochures, coupons, etc.
All postings in the University of Ottawa residences are subject to the following conditions:
- They must be completely bilingual and contain both English and French material on the same posting.
- They must be typed or written in a legible manner.
- They must conform to the rules and regulations set out in the Residence Agreement as well as in the Code of Conduct.
- They may not contain messages that encourage the consumption of alcohol. This includes, but is not limited to: pictures of alcohol or alcoholic beverages, logos of companies that produce alcohol, words that would suggest that alcohol will be served at the event, etc.
- The Head Coordinator of Residence Life must approve them before the club, service or private business submits them to the Residence Resource Centre for distribution.
- The Residence Resource Centre has the sole responsibility of postings in residence. Individuals, groups, clubs, services or businesses are not permitted to enter the residences to distribute their goods.
- Posters, intended for display in main entrances must not be larger than 11” x 17” and posters intended for display on residence floors must not be larger than 8 ½” X 14”.
- When fees are applicable, clubs, services or businesses must submit, with the items, cash or a cheque payable to the Residence Resource Centre for the appropriate amount.
For clarifications regarding any of the above mentioned conditions, please contact the Resource Centre