Fire Alarms and Evacuations
If the fire alarm goes off:
- remain calm
- grab your keys
- put on the appropriate clothing for the outside temperature (including shoes)
- check on your roommate(s)
- lock your bedroom door!
- take the stairs to the emergency exit (elevator won’t work)
- follow the directions Protection Services the CAs in the hard hats will give you
- don’t get hit by the fire truck!
TO NOT EXIT DURING A FIRE ALARM IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE!
If you can’t make it down the stairs, dial Protection Services at x 5411 immediately to let them know. They’ll tell you what to do.
Simple tips to prevent fire alarms:
- NEVER SMOKE INSIDE! EVER! Doesn’t matter how cold it is outside. It’s Ottawa, you’ll have to get used to it.
- no candles or incense inside
- only cook in designated areas
- supervise your cooking
Read the Guide. Use the links in the left menu.