Don’t Let the Bedbugs Bite!
Unlike dragons and unicorns, bedbugs are not fictional beings. They really do exist. And they do bite!
Bedbugs hate the light, so during the day, they hide in any warm creases they can find (such as the crease in your mattress). They come out at night to feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals (like you). It’s difficult to pinpoint when they arrived, as they can lay dormant for many months. What’s sure though, the occupant brings them in unknowingly. Knowing this, we call in specialists to inspect the rooms a few times per year. It helps a lot.
You too can help prevent bedbugs infestations
- Whenever you sleep elsewhere, make your own inspection.
- Look for small dark dots on the mattress and on surfaces around the bed.
- If you suspect the presence of bedbugs, don't sleep there. Wash your clothes before coming back to residence or as soon as you get back.
Think you’ve been bitten?
- If you wake up with a bunch of itchy, red bumps on your body, you may have bedbugs.
- If you suspect anything, do not sleep there, and wash your clothes before coming back to residence.
- For a diagnosis, please go to Walk-In Clinic at 100 Marie-Curie.
If you’ve been bitten
- Please tell your CA or the Front Desk Staff immediately!
- You (and your roommates if applicable) will be moved to a temporary room while your room is treated.
- You will be told to place all of your clothing, towels and sheets into garbage bags, and you will be instructed to use the commercial washing machines for a thouroughly wash.
- Once your room is clear, you can return.
Getting bedbugs is no reason to be embarrassed. What's really embarrassing is to not follow the procedure: if you leave clothes in your room, the bedbugs can stay and re-infest almost immediately.
What about other unwanted guests?
If you're so unlucky as to being graced with a visit from other unwanted guests like insects, parasites or rodents, Rez Life will be there to help you through those stressful times.
- Tell your CA and the Front Desk Staff immediately!
- Don’t be a hero and try to do things yourself: follow the instructions your CA, the residence staff and the exterminator will give you.
*CAREFUL! If you fail to report a pest problem or don’t follow instructions you could be charged for resulting costs.
Read on. Use the links in the left menu.