Floor Damage – Ooops! Something Went Wrong
You can expect living in a clean and well-maintained environment. Your community is your space, take ownership of it. That being said, sometimes something slips out of hands and damage happen.
Keys to preventing damage on the Floor:
- Monitor your guests
- Don’t let alcohol increase your construction abilities
- If a crowd gets rowdy in the building, report it to a CA
- Leave sports in the gym or outside
When damage happens
- Please let your CA know of any damage done.
- If you or your guest(s) cause damage (other than wear and tear) you will be billed for all repair costs. Payment options are sometimes available if you let us know.
Once a damage is identified
- A report is posted detailing damage and repair or replacement cost.
- Hopefully, the person responsible will come forward and let the CA know.
- If the person does not come forward within 10 days, the charges for the damage will be split between everyone on the floor or cluster (Brooks). You are notified.
- If you know who did the damage, try to convince them to speak with your CA or speak with your CA yourself.
- However, if you know that you’ll be gone for an extended period of time, let your CA know in advance and you can be exempt from any damages that occur during that time period.
- If the damage was caused intentionally, disciplinary measures will be taken.
Move-In Inspection Report
- When you move in, you will be given (or were given) an Inspection Report for your room/unit.
- Take time to spot and report any damage to your room or deficiencies.
- Return it within 48 hrs to the Front Desk after moving in; it will be your work request.
- When you move out, any damage not identified in your Inspection Report will be charged to your account.