Leaving the residence for a while
(study break, long weekend)
Christmas and New Year's Holidays
90U, LeBlanc, Marchand, Stanton and Thompson are completely closed and locked between Noon on December 24th and Noon on January 3rd.
- The last mail service - pick-up and delivery - will be on December 21. Full service will resume on January 4, 2012.
- The residences will be inspected during that period, including all units and the bedrooms.
No further notice will be given to this effect.
Brooks and Hyman Soloway stay open during the holidays. However, most services on campus are closed or have limited hours. Do not forget to pay your fees before leaving, as cheques could be cashed and transfer will be checked as soon as the office opens January 3rd.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, CALL PROTECTION (613-562-5499, OR 5411 IF URGENT).
Thanksgiving, Reading Weeks and Easter
All residences stay open and are staffed during these breaks. The cafeteria operates on reduced service during this time.
Read the notice pertaining to:
- Natural Christmas trees & branches are prohibited
- Unplug all electric devices, especially those with heating elements. Back-up your computer's hard drive and unplug your computer.
- Pull things away from the heaters and leave the thermostats at 15 degrees.
- Close and lock your window. Close the curtains.
- Make sure all air vents are free of obstructions.
- Report any defective tap, drain or toilet. Watch for free flows.
- Bring your valuables with you.
- Empty your mailbox.
- Do not forget your access card and keys and do not lend them to anyone.
- Turn off lights.
- Empty your fridge or make sure there is no perishable food in it.
- Take out to the bins all garbage, compost and items for recycling. Composting stops on December 19.
- Community fridges are cleaned and emptied (see info posted in kitchen).