Moving in to Residence
August 29 to September 1
As an incoming resident, you are about to experience a thrilling move-in weekend. Over just three days, hundreds of people will be moving out of residence and over 2500 students will be moving in. It's a must-see event! Our volunteers love to help; you can rely on them for directions and assistance. They'll be easy to spot with their T-shirts and caps.
Until then, be prepared:
- Bring with you
- Read the move-in instructions (pdf)
- Campus map
- Directions to your residence - map (pdf)
- Know your community advisor (Team 2012-2013)
- Move-in check list
- Receptions - Extended Hours
Moving in smoothly
- To better welcome you to residence, and to ensure that everything is ready for you when arrive, we are asking you to plan your trip to Ottawa so you can move in to residence on your assigned date and time.
- How to find out about your arrival date and time:
- We will notify you by email soon after you have returned your signed residence agreement.
- A confirmation will follow by mail with a color-coded move-in card and a set of instructions.
- Your arrival date and time will also be available via InfoWeb. Look for the Housing tab, under Admissions.
- Bring your coloured-coded move-in card with you and be prepared to show it upon your arrival. Our volunteers will show you the way to your 15-minute drop-off zone. Once you have unpacked your vehicle, you will be asked to move it to a designated parking lot on campus.
- It is not possible to move in earlier. The allotted time for cleaning and repairs is very short and we want to make sure that all units are in good state. When moving in to an apartment style residence, be aware that some rooms are already occupied by residents who have renewed their stay, or have arrives before you. Items found in the shared living areas most likely belong to your roommates. Please be respectful of other persons' belongings and privacy.
- Call or email us at 613-562-5885 (email@example.com) if you have not received your move-in card by mid-August.