Telephone, Internet & Cable
Extensions commence with a ''4'' and have 5 digits.
A Mitel phone will be on your desk in your bedroom (except in Brooks). It comes with voice mail and preset quick dial buttons. Here's how it works.
- Although you might use other technologies for your voice communications, please do not remove the Mitel phone from your room, as we will frequently use voice mail to disseminate important information.
- Make sure that you are taking the right side of the room or the right bedroom
(A, B, C or D).
- Set up your voice-mail as soon as you can. Dial ‘7’ + your extension. The original password is ‘123456’. From there on you can change the password.
- To dial another room in residence, simply dial the extension.
- To dial a local number, dial ‘9’, followed by the ten-digit phone number.
- To reach the Front Desk, dial ‘0’.
- See the Front Desk for any problems with your phone.
- For all other functions, see the Mitel Instruction Sheet included in your welcome package.
- For your long distance calls, you can deal with the service provider of your choice.
You will not find a phone in your unit when you move in. You are given the freedom and responsibility of finding the telephone service that you feel best suits your needs. However, telephone jacks are found in each bedroom as well as in the common room.
- Please let us know your telephone number as soon as you have access to it. Contact your Community Advisor.
- For a quick line activation with Rogers , call 613-759-8531
New for September : uO Wireless Access. For a seamless experience!
- To begin using your Rogers Hi-Speed Internet Service, connect an Ethernet
cable to your computer and to the Ethernet outlet in your room (you need to provide and install your own Ethernet Cable and Internet Card)
- Click on your Web Browser (IE, Firefox, Safari…) and connect to the Internet. The Rogers welcome page will greet you. From there, navigate as you’d like.
- Each time you connect to the Internet, you agree to the Rogers Terms & Conditions.
- If you have followed these steps and still have no Internet access, contact the technical support at 1-866-353-3537. Be sure to have your room number, residence name and address ready before calling.
We also provide you with the basic Rogers Cable Service for your TV or adapted computer. Just plug it in the outlet found in your bedroom. Bring your own 6 to 10-foot coax cable. If you move in to 90U, the TV and the cable are already there.
Sometimes, if it’s not working right away, check your television’s settings and switch to Cable. Call 1-866-353-3537 if it’s still not working. Extra channels are available through Rogers at you own costs.
™ Trademarks of Rogers Communications Inc. used under license or of Rogers Cable Communications Inc.