Residence Room Cancellation
Once you have paid the deposit ($700), should you wish to cancel your guaranteed housing or your room reservation at the University of Ottawa, you MUST inform Housing Service (HS) in writing directly at email@example.com. A reply to your email will confirm your cancellation.
- Refundable in full up to June 7, 2013, minus a $75 administrative fee
- $350 refund from June 8 to July 5 inclusively,
- No refund after July 5.
- Note : The deadline for requesting a cancellation is August 15. Starting August 16, you must be replaced to obtain a cancellation. A contract holder is charged for the residence fees for as long as no replacement has been found for the room. To find a replacement, first request a cancellation, post an ad on the Student Housing Billboard, then use the cancellation formagain to let us know who is replacing you. This person must be eligible.
- Who is eligible?
- all uOttawa full time students
- a person of the same gender as you, if you have been assigned a double room or if your room assigned is located at the 90U residence.
- Who is eligible?
At all other times
At all other times, you must be replaced to obtain the cancellation of your reservation, or to have your residence agreement cancelled while it is running. Once you have been replaced, we send the confirmation by email at your @uOttawa.ca address. To find someone to replace you :
- First request a cancellation, even if you have not yet found someone.
- Post an ad on the Student Housing Billboard.
- Set up a meeting with your coresidents and hand in the confirmation form to the attendant at the HS reception desk, at 102-100 Thomas More.)
- Access cards and keys must be transferred to the resident moving in through the reception.
Brooks and Hyman Soloway - Termination effective April 30
- The deadline for requesting a termination effective April 30 is March 31